OK – Why this is not available natively within Cubase or Nuendo is unbelievable but even if it was – There would be no way to change locators on each exported track – So when the time comes – I’m sticking with MEAP anyway.
I mean, it is just crazy setting it going and knowing it is doing all the work, while I go and watch the football… And I HATE football.
Love it! Thank you. BD.
I just wanted to drop a note and tell you how great MEAP is and to thank you for all your work on it. Common headaches and time consuming work arounds I’ve used for years have magically disappeared and my work flow has changed significantly for the better. Getting my stuff from Nuendo to protools stages has always been a source of anxiety. but with MEAP, I know the PT mixers will have the separation they need and flexibility they expect. I’m actually going to be delivering to some big league guys soon and I have been worrying about having to condense too much stuff to stems.. it would have taken me days to manually get all my stuff out the way MEAP can do it while I’m out to lunch … it’s so easy
Great Stuff! Hi Phil, I finally got round to using your app just as the new version (6.10.525) is released. …Lucky me. 8)
It’s working flawlessly and I’m delighted with it.
Thanks for all your effort
MEAP – Multi Export Audio Pro – Troubleshooting Quick Check List
Here is a list of the first things to check if you are having trouble with MEAP. Any one of these things can make MEAP appear that it is not working. All of them are quite essential and should be checked before contacting support. Total time taken to do this list – About 3 minutes.
- Download and install the very latest version of MEAP. (More info)
- Select the correct Audio Applications Series. (More info)
- Set up the MEAP Key Commands within your Audio application. (More info)
- Set the correct Preferences within the audio application. (More info)
- Run MEAP with elevated (Admin) privileges. (More info)
Once you have verified all of the above, then proceed to submit a Support request.
- Check or Search FAQ. (More info)
- Get your MEAP User Name and Order Number. (More info)
- Attach the MEAP Support zip file. (More info)
- Send as much information and detail as you can along with your Support Request: Submit Support Request
Following these simple steps will enable you te get the best possible service from MEAP and MEAP Support.
You will need your order number as proof of purchase when you make a Technical Support request.
To get your Order Number:
- Login to the MEAP Website
- Go to the My Account area
There you will see a list of your orders (most likely only 1 order)
If you have multiple orders you can View the order using the button on the right to see which is your MEAP order number.
MEAP gets a mention from producer Jochem van der Saag in this edition of Sound on Sound magazine.
[imageeffect type=”shadowreflection” lightbox=”yes” width=”500″ height=”300″ alt=”Jochem van der Saag” url=”https://www.meap.biz/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/IT_Apr_01.jpg” titleoverlay=”yes”]
Jochem talks about his procedure in the studio it’s a fascinating read.
When Seal decided to pay tribute to classic soul records, he turned to legendary producer David Foster — and his right-hand man, Jochem van der Saag, who was responsible for mixing and much more.
Jochem is an all round great guy and one of MEAP’s early adopters and supporters. We are very grateful for his kind words.
After I’ve done my thing, we focus on recording the vocals and the live instruments: guitars, bass, drums, horns, strings, and so on. As we record these in a commercial studio, I’ll export WAV stems from Cubase, using Phil Pendlebury’s MEAP program. I’ll include a MIDI file with tempo information and markers, plus a click, so they can set up their Pro Tools session exactly like I have it.
You can read the full article here.
After many requests and a lot of hard work, we have added Cubase 6 compatibility to MEAP.
- Added compatibility for Cubase 6
- Added new mouse click routine to make mouse actions more stable
- Added new key send delay to further help with some keys being missed
- Improved text logging for marker exports
- Improved email info for marker exports
- Improved end dialog info info for marker exports
- Removed Select All command when using Zero to Last Part Option to avoid all tracks being selected. This can cause trouble in Nuendo 4. Select All is still required for Start to last Part.
- Reorganised MEAP graphics folder
- Updated MEAP Shots application to work with Cubase 6
- Some more code optimisation
- Updated and corrected manual in some areas
- Removed non essential Free utilities to save file size – All utilities can be downloaded from web site: http://www.pendlebury.biz/applications/
This is a free update for all registered MEAP users.
Please note, as usual, if you are using any custom MEAP graphics you will need to replace them after installing the update.
The new Key Commands are VITAL for this to work correctly!
All users are reminded to read the manual carefully.
MEAP gets a review in the German SOFTBEAT Magazine
MEAP ist ein Hilfsprogramm für die jeweiligen Versionen
3 bis 5 von Steinbergs Vorzeigeapplikationen
Cubase und Nuendo, das den automatischen Audioexport
von individuellen MIDI-Instrumenten und Audiospuren
ermöglicht. Damit erspart sich der Benutzer
deren zeitaufwändigen manuellen Export in einem
Projekt. Dies ist zum Beispiel praktisch, um alle Audiospuren
für die Weiterverwendung in einem anderen
Studio, für Remixe oder für das Stem-Mastering vorzubereiten.
Dabei stehen clevere Exportfunktionen
bereit: So können die erzeugten Dateien automatisch
benannt sowie ein Screenshot des fertig gestellten
Exports erstellt werden. Des Weiteren lässt sich auch
eine Textdatei mit einer Historie aller Aktionen und
aller exportierten Dateien oder einer Spurenliste erzeugen.
An Funktionen zum automatischen Speichern
eines neuen Projekts vor dem Exportvorgang und zum
Herunterfahren des Betriebssysstems danach wurde
Wie die Update-Historie zeigt, entwickelt der Autor
Phil Pendlebury sein Programm MEAP konstant weiter:
So unterstützt das Werkzeug in der aktuellen Version
6 bereits die neue Cubase-Version 5. Obwohl diese
über eine eigene Batch-Export-Funktion verfügt, bietet
MEAP leistungsfähigere Möglichkeiten wie das Speichern
einzelner Parts einer Spur. Neben einer englischsprachigen
Dokumentation sind im Lieferumfang der
einfach bedienbaren Software auch vier kleine Hilfsprogramme
Zu einem sehr günstigen Preis erhält der geneigte Käufer
ein nützliches und zuverlässiges Werkzeug. Dabei ist
die Anwendung nicht nur für Besitzer älterer Cubase-
Versionen, die noch keine eigene Multiexportfunktion
bieten, zu empfehlen. Auch Cubase-5-Benutzern profitieren
von den flexiblen Möglichkeiten von MEAP.
MEAP – Multi Export Audio Pro – has been released to the public today. It has had a huge redesign and lots of extra features added, including a new streamlined dialog and many internal code tweaks and enhancements.
What is MEAP?
MEAP is a tool for automating the process of exporting (to audio) all individual MIDI instrument and Audio tracks from your musical project. If you wanted to deliver all your parts (stems) to another studio for example:
Without MEAP you would have to sit and manually export each of your tracks, one at a time. This can take hours, even days! MEAP will enable the process to be done unattended. It does not speed up the process of exporting tracks but simply eliminates the need for human interaction.
MEAP also adds some options that would be impossible to do without it. Track listing to a text file. Screen Shots. Automatic naming of output files. Various useful locator setting options. And more.
MEAP is a Windows application for Steinberg Cubase & Nuendo
Some of the features new to MEAP version 7 are:
- Added compatibility for Cubase 6
- Added compatibility for Nuendo 5
- Added extra options to toggle EQ/Inserts/Sends
- Added new Main Menu system
- Internally Streamlined export process
- Updated MEAP Shots application
- Added Frame Rate Calculator
- Recompiled all free tools
MEAP Version 7.0 is a free update for all existing MEAP customers.
For more information and to purchase MEAP see the About MEAP official MEAP Website:
Here are some testimonials from MEAP users here: